Thursday, September 5, 2019

In the Hollow – July 2019



Now that summer has drawn to a close, it’s time to look back at some of the videos that the camera trap in the hollow collected during the warmest weather of the year. With the exception of insects, for most species of wildlife – and me – hot weather is unpleasant. Combined with an abundance of food, heat reduces wildlife activity.

So the camera trap only had a few videos in July, but they’re worth a look: Twin white-tail fawns checking new scents – including the camera. A young buck. A black bear with tags in its ears. An eastern coyote with a limp. Wild turkeys. Another eastern coyote – this one out and about in daylight. And the fawn again.

July in the hollow is quite different from winter in the hollow as seen here.

7 comments:

  1. How wonderful to witness all this wildlife with your trail camera! I hardly ever see critters (aside from chipmunks and red squirrels) while walking through my region's woods, but then I see the tracks of coyotes, minks, otters, fishers, foxes, bobcats, beavers, rabbits, mice, and more when I snowshoe through the same woods in winter. So I do know they're there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shots, I just discovered your blog through Sat. Critters, and will look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love watching your videos! I'm trying to remember to take some now. You'll be proud of me...today I took a video of 3 deer I saw on my hike. Enjoy your weekend and thanks for inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little fawn sure was curious and how about that bear with earrings! How neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    The fawns are adorable. Neat captures of the Black Bear and turkeys. I just got back from my trip and I am catching up with comments. Thanks for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy day and a great new week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting "In Forest and Field" and thank you especially for commenting. It's always interesting to see other peoples' thoughts. Unfortunately, due to spam and trolls (not the kind living beneath bridges), comments must now be approved before being posted.

Woody